Farm Runners is currently hiring for a Deli Cook
The cook is responsible for working with the Deli team to produce consistent quality menu options that prioritize and highlight local ingredients. Unlike most restaurant and food service jobs, the Farm Runners Station menu is updated weekly to best utilize seasonal ingredients and minimize waste from the retail department. To succeed in this position you must be adaptive, creative and enjoy change.
Workload: 20-40 hours per week
Schedule: Flexible, task-oriented
Pay: Salary or Hourly Pay option
Start Date: ASAP
Our Ideal Candidate Is:
- Team oriented and able to demonstrate an understanding of how each team member’s contribution helps to fulfill the mission of Farm Runners
- Well-organized, detail-oriented and able to multitask
- Effective at problem solving, with willingness to ask questions and seek advice
- Capable of giving and receiving feedback, building relationships, and resolving conflicts
- Upbeat and flexible. Able to keep personal composure under busy and chaotic circumstances.
- Passionate about local agriculture, local food, and cooking.
- Preparation and production of a weekly menu, producing constantly high quality dishes in an efficient manner.
- Follows existing standard operating procedures (SOPs) and recipes for deli program staples.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary kitchen, following food safety regulations.
- Maintains a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Works with Station management team to track food costs and losses.
- One or more years of professional cooking experience
- Comfortable following standard recipes and procedures
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Comfortable giving and accepting feedback
- Able to lift 40 pounds
- Able to be on your feet for 8 hours at a time
- Can work long shifts that require standing/walking/bending throughout shift
Please follow these steps to apply:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Team Opening
- Write a brief statement of why you are a good fit for this position.
- Write a brief statement of why you are passionate about local foods.
- Attach a resume and contact information for 3 references.
- Answer the question: If you were going to cook a meal for our crew tonight, what would it be?
Position to be filled as soon as possible. Apply today!