Farm Runners is currently hiring for a Retail and Packhouse Associate
Farm Runners is a multifaceted and growing business, operating three arms: retail, wholesale distribution, and CSA. Our mission is to support beginning and established family farms by building community relationships around regional food. The Station, Farm Runner’s retail side, combines the functions of a farmers market, deli, cafe, and natural food store. This is a unique position that includes both front-of-house retail duties as well as back-of-house order fulfillment and packing duties. The retail and packhouse associate will be an outgoing and customer service-oriented individual with close attention to detail while maintaining an eye on the bigger picture.
Workload: 20-25 hours/week
Schedule: ~ 3 days/week; flexible
Pay: starting at $14/hr
Start Date: ASAP
Benefits: Complimentary weekly local food box + ability to purchase food at cost. Wellness
reimbursement plan starting at 6 months of employment. Paid time off based on hours worked starting
1 year after employment.
Our Ideal Candidate Is:
● Team oriented and able to demonstrate an understanding of how each team member’s
contribution helps to fulfill the mission of Farm Runners
● Well-organized, detail-oriented and able to multitask
● Effective at problem solving/decision making, with willingness to ask questions and seek advice
● Capable of giving and receiving feedback, building relationships, and resolving conflicts
● Upbeat and flexible. Able to keep personal composure under busy and chaotic circumstances.
● Passionate about local agriculture, local food, and cooking. Preferred: experience working on (or
with) small family farms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Able to fulfill all duties of retail store operation, including, but not limited to: stocking and receiving, food prep, cash handling, guest service, taking food and drink orders, and maintenance of facilities.
- Promotes sales and attracts customers by following display suggestions and protocols, keeping up with quality control measures, and engaging with customers’ questions and queries.
- Able to fulfill all duties of our fast-paced packhouse operation, including, but not limited to: loading and unloading trucks, routing product, sorting and quality control, packing orders, and record keeping.
- Takes an active role in learning about products, producers, growing practices, and cooking techniques as they change throughout the season.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- This position will require frequent standing and use of hands and arms.
- Ability to repeatedly lift boxes and bags weighing 25-50 lbs.
Please follow these steps to apply:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Team Opening
- Answer in your email:
- How does your experience listed on your resume make you uniquely qualified to perform the duties of a retail and packhouse associate?
- Write a brief statement about why you are passionate about local foods.
- Attach a resume and contact information for 3 references.
Position to be filled as soon as possible. Apply today!